Our client, the regional HQ of an MNC had embarked on a worldwide initiative to enhance Customer Experience. They viewed profitability and providing a superior customer experience, as flip sides of the same coin.
The questions on the table were, ‘How does one create a more Customer-Centric Culture and what is the role of the Regional HQ in bringing this about?
Creating a Customer-Centric culture requires:
- being ‘Externally’ and ‘Internally’ Customer-Centric.
- knowing and serving the external and internal customers in equal measure.
What we did:
Tier 1: Diagnosing hindrances to excellent customer service
- Conducted an internal customer survey that focused on roles, expectations and service delivery.
- The diagnostics revealed that enhancing customer experience required clarifying roles & expectations at regional HQ, redesigning jobs, reviewing measures,and streamlining internal processes for effective service delivery.
Tier 2: Developing action plan
- The findings were presented in a workshop.
- Participants identified actions to enhance customer experiences.
- These were categorised and prioritised. Action categories included:
- skills enhancement.
- process changes.
- communication initiatives.
Tier 3: Job redesigning to embed Customer-Centric culture
- We redesigned the jobs to make them more Customer-Centric and suggested new performance measures to embed the culture change.
The customer experience survey conducted after the project, showed a positive increase in scores.