Our client is a statutory board. They wanted to strengthen their employee centric communication on career development.
Over time, as a result of many career development initiatives, there was a large amount of relevant information. However, the information was dispersed and it was a challenge to navigate this maze efficiently.
Consolidating all information and tools pertaining to career development under one roof, will enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the career development process.
What we did:
Tier 1: Designing the sitemap
- Conducted a workshop for all potential users – managers, HR and employees to brainstorm on the desired features and personalised services.
- Gathered desired information ( ‘I want to know this’ ) and functionalities (‘I want to be able to do this’) under the following headings:
- Explore self.
- Explore the world of work.
- Explore growth within the organisation.
- Agreed on content areas and functionalities.
Tier 2: Designing the content framework
- Created a one-stop portal design to provide information on career matters.
- Identified content tactics to drive employee traffic to the portal.
- Designed the portal to host important content on:
- career policies.
- competency frameworks (Core, Functional and Leadership).
- interactive competency assessment tool.
- career options.
- integrated training road maps.
- available training courses.
- learning resources such as books, articles, on-the-job activities and positive examples of competency demonstration.
- job opportunities.
Tier 3: Finalising the look and feel
- Worked with a team of graphic designers to develop designs (visual interface) and functionality for each content area.
- Created alternate design templates to choose from.
- Employees voted on final visual look of the career portal.
- Our consulting process ensured that the user experience shaped the portal design.
- Content delivery and the functionality were customised to the users’ needs.
- Clear portal design resulted in significant savings on software development costs.